Monday, August 3, 2009

The christian heritage in Cambridge



Cambridge is famous all over the world for its 28 university colleges, where great authors like John Milton, scientists like Charles Darwin and Isaac Newton, politicians like sir Herbert Pembroke studied. But what is to remember is that the cultural background of the town gown is christian. In fact the presence of a church in the first millennium, the Round Church like the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem witnesses the faith in Jesus as the Roman Emperor Constantine wanted the Church to be built.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to be there!! I like very much England and I'd like to study there, because Cambridge is a good university and a piece of English history..It's incredible how a school can be so old and so beautiful like that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents always tell me that i have to learn the english because it'll be important for my future.
    I think if you want to learn well the english, you should go in England for two months and communicate with the people.
    My dream is that to go to the famous university of Cambridge. It's a very old school but always important and very beautifull. there are so many boys that frequents this university with which you can make friends.
    i think that to go to university is a very important thing becouse it's an experience thaht all we should do. I would like to be here....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like so much to visit Cambridge and above all would want to learn the english and to study there.
    I belive that the encironment is marvelous! Cambridge is one of the most beautiful campus of the world!

    ReplyDelete