Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sonnets nowadays

"My safe moon"

Could be you similar to the moon?
Sure you shine a lot
and you appear very soon;
for this and for you, once I wrote.

During the day you are my lady-in-waiting,
at night you smile at me;
with your light you find out who's cheating,
so true justice we can see.

But some days you disappear,
in fact there are other beautiful stars,
which distract me and take me fear:
stay with me to fight my life's wars.

Although here 'tis an obstacle,
for ever "love" my moon I'll call.

Aurelio Civilleri III S

I can't forget that day

I can't forget that day
when I knew the love's might
meeting the gentlest creature on my way
who I've never seen in my dreams at night.

She was tanned by July's sun,
sitting on the beach near the sea.
Her lips were so red that never had anyone
and the wind was shaking her golden hair, in the air free.

A fire took possession of my heart,
then, slowly, it flared up
and in the end it invaded each body's part.
How could I hush my feeling up?

Even now I feel that fire inside me
and I'm waiting for her because it can be only mitigated  by thee

Marco Giordano III S

"When I saw you the first time"

When I saw you the first time
you looked like an angel
because you amazed my mind
like a love, unknown stranger.

You are like a star
that shines in the darkness
you and me'd like to go far;
if you're away, I'll hide my nervousness

I heard the ringing bells
and my heart was hit by a thunder
I felt just like in the hell
but I was really downunder

Inside me I felt the war
that's why I love you more.

Giusy Biscari, Roberta Cutrona, Luca Mazza, Manfredi Zappardo III S

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome! If you want to read one more from the 154 sonnets by the Bard of Avon, go to

    http://shakespeare.mit.edu

    ReplyDelete