Thursday, June 14, 2012

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT



I pressed the button on for the first time
And i saw the first images on the screen,
My pupils began to shine,
My eyes a new fantastic world have seen;

I couldn't do anything,
Initially I was scared a little bit
But I felt I knew how to do everything,
I understood I had a genius for it;

When I use it I forget anything around,
I am on a planet made by chip,
I listen only to the "click" sound,
It and me...joined at the hip!

"What is it?", the reader tells,
my computer, what else.

Luca Lombardo 4H

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sonnet, even if it's quite ironical, is the perfect representation of the social mentality of this period, of adults and child constantly addicted to eletronic devices.
    In fact, the expression "I couldn't do anything" means that usually internet can become an addiction and it can lead us to isolate ourselves from society and from the actual reality.
    The humoristic way this concept is expressed with makes us thinking about it and it makes us open our eyes about a sad, but common, reality.
    Yes, it's true that nowadays we, as young people and not only, are obsessed by mobile phones, computers, social webs, photos and we want to show us and our life as perfect in front of the others eyes, and that's what makes the whole thing look bad. But sometimes these machines should help us, for example in this period of quarantine they help us not to get bored and go crazy, although it's important to use them discreetly.
    Federica Balsamo, IV H, 2020.

    ReplyDelete