Sunday, September 13, 2009

A beautiful voice

Do you like her voice?
Whose is it?
Do you know any changes in her life?

Oh, my life is changing everyday,

In every possible way.
And oh, my dreams, it's never quiet as it seems,
Never quiet as it seems.

I know I've felt like this before, but now I'm feeling it even
more,
Because it came from you.
And then I open up and see the person falling here is me,
A different way to be.

Ah, la da ah...
La...

I want more impossible to ignore,
Impossible to ignore.
And they'll come true, impossible not to do,
Impossible not to do.

And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.
You're what I couldn't find.
A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind;
You're everything to me.

Oh, my life,
Is changing every day,
In every possible way.

And oh, my dreams,
It's never quiet as it seems,
'Cause you're a dream to me,
Dream to me.

Ah, da, da da da, da, la...


W.H.Davies (1870-1940) in his Songs of joy (1911) expresses another idea of life. Compare it with the previous one.

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long, as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars like skies st night.

No time to turn at Beauty 's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this is, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

As homework leave a comment about Davies' poem

No comments:

Post a Comment